Windmill Micro-lending is a government-funded, registered charity specializing in offering low-interest microloans to internationally-trained professionals arriving in Canada. Windmill offers up to $15,000 to help internationally-trained professionals cover the costs of training, education and licensing requirements needed to launch their careers in Canada.
A Windmill loan may be used for:
- Short-term (two years or less) training
- Exam fees with a professional licensing association
- Travel expenses to write an exam
- Qualification assessments
- Professional association fees
- Books and course materials
- English or French language courses specific to employment
- Living allowance during study time
- Other related expenses
Recipients can take up to 5 years to repay either type of loan.
Please note that NCA Guides is not affiliated with Windmill Micro-lending, and the inclusion of its information on our site should not be construed as an endorsement of its products or services.If you have any questions, please contact Daniel Beaudin-Hall, Windmill’s Community Relations Specialist.
Click on apply to submit an application.